Explore the Reef
Monday 20 August 2012
Rocky Reef Adventure
Did you know that situated right at your door step is a beautiful rocky reef bursting with hidden treasures? There is a beautiful array of hard and soft corals, stealthy little octopuses, brightly coloured nudibranchs, feisty little crabs, sloemn sea cucumbers and much much more!
Come and join join Care for Hedland's very own reef enthusiast Doris Teufel on a breathtaking morning adventure!
- Monday 20th of August: 6 am Cemetery Beach Car Park - easy
- Tuesday 21st of August: 6.30 am Rec Centre Car Park, Keesing Street - some parts deeper water
- Wednesday 22nd of August: 7 am Cemetery Beach Car Park easy
- Thursday 23rd of August: 7 am in front of the Cooke Point Caravan Park - easy
- Proper footwear (NO thongs), a hat and sun screen. Don't forget the camera and a water bottle.
Be there on time as the walks are dependent on the tides. If you can't make it on time then come on your own and catch up with us on the reef.
It's free of charge.